Saturday, June 20, 2015

Going to the Temple, Temple

We had a short P-Day last week because we went to the Temple on Wednesday so we had to cut our P-Day short by three hours.  I just took a nap...surprise!:)  My favorite word in Spanish is CIESTA (that means nap:).  Then later that night we played Phase 10 with a less active and her boyfriend. Which I got beat...which we all know how competitive I am haha:) 

Tuesday was just a calm normal day of missionary life.  We have had a hard time finding new investigators because a lot of the people here are just here for the season. But the people we have been teaching are amazing.

On Wednesday we went to the Temple, which was amazing.  I could just feel the Savior's love.  It is amazing how incredible Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ really are.  Then we went to Red Robin for lunch (in Reno), then we traveled back up to Tahoe.  We had dinner at the member's house where we will be staying from June 15 to the 29.  We have to stay there because the other family is having family come and stay and they need our house area.  But you can still send mail to the same address :).  Please send letters, I love receiving and writing letters :).  After dinner on Wednesday I got really sick, we came home and I blew chunks!  So Thursday we stayed home all day because I was not feeling gooooooooood at all, and Hermana Cordle felt a little sick to.  So Thursday just consisted of me sleeping all day and not eating anything.

We had to go back to Reno on Friday because that was the day we said goodbye to our Mission President and his wife.  President Hermansen gave everyone a hug, including the Sisters, and to be honest, that was weird hugging a dude, for not hugging someone for 6 months haha.

On Saturday we went to help clean a house.  It took us 5 hours and it still wasn't all the way done when we left.  Sister Cordle and I got put on el bano duty!  We killed so many cockroaches! It was muy malo!  I just kept thinking of that one time when Dad forced me to clean that family's house with all the cats.  I remember driving in the truck and he said, "you know why I made you go right?"  I just rolled my eyes in my head and didn't really think of the reason.  But he responded with love and a smirk on his face, "because it is going to prepare you for your mission, you are going to encounter houses way worse."  It was a humbling experience and it made me realize Heavenly Father loves EVERY ONE of his children, no matter what!  So what I am trying to say is Thank you Mom and Dad for TRULY preparing me for my mission!  That night went to a member's house and played basketball with the dad and kids.  Sister Cordle just hung out with the mom while I played.  This experience just reminded me that it really is the little things in life that mean the most.

On Sunday we went to church, learned about agency, taught Relief Society in Spanish, went home had lunch, took a little nap, watched a video with the members we live with that the Bishop wanted us to watch about giving the sacrament back to the Savior, packed our stuff and moved some of it over to the member's house where we will be staying and had dinner with them!

Today we will be packing and moving, remember you can still send mail:)  It's funny because I don't think I ever really thought I would be a missionary, speaking Spanish (and people actually being able to understand me), and having the experiences I am having on my mission, or meeting the wonderful people I have been meeting!  And to be honest I don't think I realized exactly how much my mission would change me for the better or prepare me for my future family and life, or help me cope with my childhood.  My eyes have been opened up more and more as the time goes on.  I still have awhile on my mission and a lot of experiences lie ahead of me, good and the not so good, but no matter what happens this Church is true and Heavenly Father is ALWAYS HERE!

Yo quiero compartir mi testimonio en espanol. yo se que con todo mi corozon, esta Igelsia, es la Iglesia de Jesucristo. Esta Iglesia es verdadera! La Igelsia de Jesucristo de Los Santos de los Ultimos Dias es verdadera! Morire una Mormona! Te amo mucho mi familia!

Hermana Amiga!

No comments:

Post a Comment