Saturday, June 13, 2015

Sixth Month Anniversary

On my 6th month anniversary we are going to the Temple, so that will be fun! This Friday we have Zone conference and it is when the Mission President will say his goodbyes. Our new President will be President Chestnut. That will be exciting!  It is suppose to be like 80 here today, but we will see.  I have been getting kind of sick a lot because its hot and cold, cold and hot. BUT I LOVE TAHOE! Very interesting though! 

This week was crazy! Actually crazy doesn't even sum it up.  On Monday we went shopping in our new area and we saw a bear, a real life wild bear.  We went to Subway for lunch and this random guy bought us a $40 subway gift card and said "Enjoy your P Day":) I thought that was incredible!

On Tuesday we had a huge miracle with a referral from the office.  We thought he was an investigator. As we were talking and getting to know him he told us he was a member, so we were like that's awesome:) Then the tone shifted...he started to cry as he talked about his life. The Spirit prompted me to talk about Patriarchal blessings and it really hit home for him.  I felt the Spirit so strongly, it was one of those moments that I just said to myself "Dude, Taylor, this is why you went on a mission!" It was an incredible experience!

It's been a tough week, Sister Cordle and I treated ourselves to ice cream and played at the beach for like 3 hours with a member which was much needed :).  We did end the week by volunteering and doing our weekly planning.

I translated again at church, one boy bore the sweetest testimony and talked about the power of the Priesthood.  Sunday night we went to dinner where we will be staying for a few weeks.  It was delicious, but you can still send mail to the same address! It will be a little vacation I guess hahaha

Overall this week taught me a lot about myself, about how Heavenly Father works and the Spirit.  I am so thankful for this Gospel and for the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost.  I love you so much! Te amo mucho! Have a great week:)

Hermana Amiga

P.S.  Watch the video Lift on Mormon.org or lds.org





No comments:

Post a Comment