Wednesday, December 17, 2014

My First Week at the MMC

This week has been super crazy!  First, I was the only sister in a group of 20 elders when we first got to Mexico.  Elder Quinton is in my district so it’s nice having a person kind of from home in the same group as me. Our district is really funny, but I can never focus in class because we are always laughing.  

I am in a trio with two companions, Hermana Tebbs and Hermana Sanders.  Hermana  Sanders is a funny, sassy country girl from Florida and Hermana Tebbs is a smart, funny person from Utah.  We hung up my lights you got me on Hermana Sanders' tree her sister cut out for her to bring.  My companions and I are pretty much the rebels of the CCM. We are always late. The only thing we are ever on time for is meals.  We get up at 6:30 am, well, I sleep in a little. Then we have to go to class for language study, then gospel study, we are in class most of the day.



We went to the temple's visitor center today.  It was awesome getting out of the CCM for a little bit.  We didn’t get to go inside the temple because the foundation is sinking into the ground, but the Visitors Center was awesome.

Mexico is pretty, unique and beautiful, but so crazy.  The first two nights everyone was shooting off fireworks and it sounded like a war zone, but they finally stopped celebrating.  It was chilly here for the first few days but it has been super nice and pretty lately.


Food is pretty good here, but I have been eating a lot so that probably isn't that good.  I love me some Mexican food, but sometimes they have some foods that just taste weird!  


Overall, besides being homesick, I am thankful for being able to be at the CCM.  It’s a really cool experience with really interesting and cool people.  You can definitely feel the Spirit here.  The teachers are good and are super nice.  Spanish is super hard for me.  We have to pray in Spanish and it is so hard.  I still can’t roll my R's.  We have been teaching an investigator in Spanish and I don’t even know what he says, but I try to be in tune with the Spirit.  That’s one thing that I have learned, no matter the language barrier, the Spirit is still strong.


We have had a lot of good talks, the other day in class we were discussing the Book of Mormon and our teacher talked about how we could have personal revelation.  First my mind was somewhere else, but then she said something that I will never forget.  She said, "God loves you and wants the best for you."  As she said it, she was looking right at me and I could feel the Spirit so strongly that tears started to fill my eyes.  I know I need to learn to trust Heavenly Father more and I know I need to be like Adam and give it all I have, no regrets, but this is one of the hardest things I’ve ever done.

Being out here has made me realize what is important in life and that is family.  I've had some exciting experiences and I’ve been learning so much here.  One important thing I learned is that we must convert ourselves first.  I know that I don’t want to do this just because it will be cool, I want to do this for a purpose, because I have a purpose.   I've been very homesick, but we had a devotional the other day that talked about how Moroni walked the earth alone for many days and I realized that if he can do that, I can be away from my family a little while.   I know that I am supposed to be here, I know Heavenly Father wants me to be here.  I love and miss you all!  Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment