Saturday, February 28, 2015

Missions Are Cake

This week we didn't have a lot of lessons, we only had about 26, but we were able to get 9 hours of service hours.  We showed up for one lesson and our investigator was drunk and he started kissing our hands..it was weird!  One of our newer investigators, we met him randomly while walking around, he was impressed with our Spanish and with our Spanish I mean Sister Underly's Spanish).  Anyway, we went to his house for a lesson and he was asking all the right questions. Why are there so many churches?  How do I know which one is true?  Where did we come from?  Where are we going?  How can I be with my family forever? (Side note: his family is stuck in Mexico while he is here so it is really hard for him.)  He told us last time we were there that it was super weird how we met him because he usually never walks the street that he did that night, but he felt like he should so he did and that's when we met him.  Isn't it wonderful how Heavenly Father works.  Heavenly Father truly has been preparing the people I meet on my mission.  Plus I can always feel the Spirit strongly when I bear my testimony to our investigators even though it is something so scary to me!  I also really felt the Spirit at our baptism this week, wow the Spirit was strong! 

My testimony has grown tremendously on my mission and it has only been two months! My mission is super hard, probably one of the hardest things I have ever done.  There is something different in every day and every day has different challenges but I can see the change that is taking place for the better in my life.  I feel like everyone should serve a mission of some kind because it shapes your future.  I have been having fun and laughing everyday, even laughing at the weird situations!

My first transfer only has one more week, but I will stay here for at least one more transfer because I am still being trained. Hopefully for a long time. I love it here!  I am loving Lake Tahoe and Sister Underly.  Every time I am having a hard day or we are just exhausted we just look out and see Lake Tahoe and feel Heavenly Father's love.

IT'S BEEN FREEZING!!!!!! We have had a few warms days but not for very long. The weather here is bi-polar sometimes haha!  I have been trying so hard not to get sick.  I have been feeling not bad lately. I hand sanitize on the daily and I have been drinking Airborne so I think that has been helping.  

This last Tuesday Sister Underly and I had to give a training at our district meeting...hahaha I love being a greenie sometimes haha.  There have been a lot of funny things that have happened.  On Monday night we went to the church to help with a primary activity and Elder Baker, Elder Escobar, Sister Underly and I were closing up the church and locking up everything.  I was in the gym turning off the lights in there, but the hallway light was still on so I could see, then as soon as I turned the gym light off, Elder Escobar turned the hallway light off.  Then as soon as I started walking towards the exit I ran right into the door! Haha:)  Some other things, Sister Underly accidentally elbowed me in the face haha.  Oh, and yesterday it was super cold and windy so I was wearing my leggings and as soon as we were walking in for the night, my leggings fell done in front of Brother and Sister Rogers (who we live with) all we could do was laugh. Hahaha!  Another day me, Elder Baker, Sister Underly and Elder Escobar had a cake fight...I think the cake won haha!  There are funny things that happen all the time I need to start writing them down!
I love and miss you so much. I hope you are all doing well!
 
Love always Hermana Amiga!:)   

[Pictures from the Reno Mission blog are also attached]

 



No comments:

Post a Comment